Wednesday, July 20

Officer Logs, Ariolo Embassy: 57551

Norvo's personal log, stardate 57551.5. I've received what may be a temporary reassignment to the Federation Embassy on the Ariolo homeworld. Long term temporary, I was ordered to resettle my living quarters from the Xir'Tan to here. I spoke with Captain Yiirel before I departed, and she says that she heard I was specifically asked for based on my research into Ariolo culture I did at the Academy. She didn't go into detail, but said my being able to speak the Ariolo language without use of the Universal Translator was seen as quite valuable.

I am aboard the runabout Emrin with about a dozen other officers being transferred to local Starfleet installations. I am the only one being assigned to the Federation Embassy though. A Tellarite I spoke with was transferred from Utopia Planitia to their shipyards, and was strongly complaining about how inferior they are - he saw it as a punishment of some type. An Arbazan nurse named Pelisiya was being reassigned to a Starfleet outpost on the surface. A Zaranite, and a Zakdorn were both being transferred to the planetary defensive grid outpost. The pilot, which is from the local Starbase, said this is the largest transfer to the planet she's ever seen.

I can't help but fantasize about what adventure this could be. Maybe we all know some Ariolo that's vital to Federation interests? Maybe our homeworlds have some dispute with the Ariolo? Time will tell, I'll be unpacking in my new living arrangement shortly then mission briefing at 1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment