Tuesday, August 17

Ships Logs, USS Xir'tan: Stardate 56625

"Captain's log, stardate 56625.7. The repairs to Benecia Colony's weather grid are progressing nicely. I'm told they'll be completed by Wednesday night. Though I don't know how I'll break it to the ever hospitable Governor Koroko." - Captain Yiirel, Ready Room, Time Index 16:30:08

"First officers log, stardate 56625. While the Captain has been entertaining Governor Koloko from Benecia Colony, and performing the usual ceremonial niceties of visiting a colony -- my responsibility has been to see if there's anything else we can do for the colony. Aside from sending Lt. X to their University as a guest, as a favor for a friend, the colony does not seem to be in much need." - Commander Kirrjall, via Comm Badge, Time Index 18:19:42


"Chief Engineers Log, supplemental. What are we a Engineering Corps ship? Seems like our last few missions have been repair work heavy. No matter, I've been enjoying myself! The challenges are much better than making sure the ship remains at pristine ship shape as we deliver supplies from one colony to another, etc ad nauseum. But Benecia's weather grid repairs are going fine, I think there was a power surge in the Severe Weather Trace detection grid, which led to a failure in all of the back-up subroutines, which allowed stray signals from normal space to just wreak havoc on what the thing thought it was detecting. We've cleared up the software, and repairs to the hardware are almost complete. I'm reporting we should be done by Wednesday evening." - Lieutenant Commander T'Loris, Tricorder, Time Index 18:25:37



"Chief Medical Officer's Log, Stardate 56625.992. There have been no particularly noteworthy injuries or illnesses since my previous log. Ensign Pico's case of Thelusian flu appears to have cleared up before it could manifest symptoms in any other crew members, but I will continue to monitor to be certain." - Dr. Saran, Sickbay Office, Time Index 11:30:32

"Ensign Pico's personal log, supplemental. Manning Ops has been more interesting this week than Mission Ops, but I am still putting off thinking about whats been bothering me -- should I request a transfer? I signed up to 'explore strange new worlds' and all we ever do is shipping and maintenance. Sure, part of Starfleet is the custodialship of Federation space, but I just want to do something more exciting." - Ensign Pico, Personal Quarters, Time Index 11:56:12

No comments:

Post a Comment