Monday, July 19

Ships Logs, USS Xir'tan: Stardate 56547

"Captain's Log, stardate 56547. We have delivered Ramer and his archeology team, as well as the artifacts in Cargo Bay 2, to a science outpost on Klendth for study. Ahead of schedule, the Admiral has asked that we make sure all is well on the colony before departing. Call it a hunch, but ever since I met Professor Ramer I have just had the feeling something wasn't right. Here's hoping that hunch is wrong." - Captain Yiirel, Ready Room, Time Index 01:01:13


"First Officer's log, stardate 56547.4. In orbit of the Federation colony on Klendth. While the Captain, Commander T'Loris and Dr. Saran exchange niceties with the political establishment of colony, repairing any infrastructure we can and offering medical supplies and care, she has "unofficially" asked myself and Lt. Krorr to investigate these "archeologists" and the artifacts we just delivered. I trust the Captain's instinct, and instinct is very important to Ithanites... if she thinks somethings up, I bet it is too." - Commander Kirrjall, Personal Quarters, Time Index 09:45:32


"Chief Medical Officer's log, stardate 56547.44. Captain Yiirel has asked that I see to it that all the major clinics and hospitals on the planet are well supplied, that there are no major epidemics or anything of the sort on the planet - in essence, reassure the colonists that the Federation is fully interested in their well being. It is my assessment that their medical facilities are quite capable of seeking supplies on their own, and on average the population appears to be in standard health aside from a higher than average rate of Kamaraazite flu than usual for this time of year, though there is little I can do." - Dr. Saran, Sickbay Office, Time Index 10:33:51


"Chief Medical Officer's personal log, stardate 56547.44. What I did not mention in my official log, was that it is my belief that it is the Captain's intention that I assist in her efforts to "stall for time" as the saying goes. While lying goes against my beliefs as a Vulcan, and I do not see any evidence of the treachery the Captain believes to exist on the part of the Archeologists, I fully intend to follow my Captain's instructions." - Dr. Saran, Sickbay Office, Time Index 10:35:51


"Chief Engineer's log, stardate 56547. The Captain was a smart women to ask me to run a technological analysis of the planet. Scans show several of the buildings are not well equipped for the possibility of a seismic tremor. It could be days, weeks before the modifications my team is coming up with are fully put in place." - Lt. Commander T'Loris, PADD on the surface of Klendth, Time Index 14:20:37


"Ensign Pico's log, stardate 56547.8. With Lieutenants Zot and T'Jen in command of ships operations while the rest of the senior staff are working with the officials on the planet, I have been busy manning the Operations station, keeping track of our away teams check-ins and running diagnostics on ships systems making sure the ship is operating at full efficiency." - Ensign Pico, Personal Quarters, Time Index 20:12:07


"Ensign Pico's personal log, stardate 56547. My diagnostic duties are beginning to bore me. I mean, they've always bored me - but now I truely feel like I'm not contributing much to the efficiency of the ship. Exploration has always been a driving urge, need in my life - since childhood I wanted to see the stars. But I feel like I don't contribute much on this ship. Maybe I should request a transfer to a smaller ship, and hope I have more seniority there? Eh, it's probably just impatience. Within a few years, I'll be a Chief Operations officer I'm sure." - Ensign Pico, Personal Quarters, Time Index 20:15:41

No comments:

Post a Comment