Friday, July 2

Personal Message to Trill Homeworld

FROM: USS XIR'TAN/Ensign Norvo Pico
TO: Trill Homeworld/Brinner Pico
SENT: Stardate 56500.8

Hey Brin, hope things back home are going alright. How are the houseplants? I hope mom didn't kill them all while you went camping. Hows the job hunt going? Don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure out what your interested in soon. And if Starfleet isn't your thing, and I know it's you've told me a thousand times it's not -- you could always attend a University offworld and get a real taste of culture. The University of Gildonn on Benzar has a really good computer programing... well, program; my Benzite friend Mordin was telling me about it because his little sister is studying there. Sure, I suppose you would need to wear a breathing apparatus like they do when they're off world. All I'm saying is, explore your options.

Well, life on the Xir'tan has been pretty boring lately, not much excitement to report about. Just came back from a G'raal diprenn Tepritt party going on in the Mess Hall. It's a Tiburonian holiday devoted to the celebration of Life, and you're supposed to celebrate by eating kilos of sugary desserts. I was pretty full after two pieces of Jonjah pie with Terran whipped cream. Tiburon must have a holiday a week, because it seems like there's always some Tiburon culture thing going on in the mess hall -- but I guess that's what you get when Tiburonians make up the most of any species on a ship. We have, I think 63 Tiburonians on a ship of 195. Most of the others are Vulcans, with an assortment of others. I'm one of only 3 Trill on board. None of us are joined, and I've only passed one of them in the corridor, never spoken to either.

But uh, we're en route to the Cestus III Colony to deliver supplies. We'll get there in about 4 hours, and be there for probably two days. Then I think we're off to Starbase 44 to pick up more supplies to deliver to some other colony. Like I said, it's been pretty boring. Most of my day consists of running diagnostics on the deflector or the communication array. Well I'm going to get going, say Hi to Mom and Dad for me!

END MSG.
MSG CODE: Subspace Relay Station 23>Sol Sector COMM Grid>Starbase 41>Trill System COMM Grid

No comments:

Post a Comment